THANKS CORPORATE CITIZENS FOR DONATING EQUIPMENT TO THE WATERLOO INSTITUTE
The Executive, Coaches, Management, Players and Parents extend sincere thanks and gratitude for invaluable contributions in cash and kind from the general public.
Quite recently, the Massy Foundation provided a donation of football Equipment; Atlantic LNG also provided a cash donation which will be used to purchase Uniforms and Extra Foods donated Goal Post and nets for the U6- U8 age group.
The institute is now celebrating its fifteenth (15) anniversary (June 2003- 2018) and has a lot to of achievements to reflect upon:
- Countless players (boys and Girls) were selected on the Trinidad & Tobago National Youth teams. At the 2011 FIFA Under 17 World Cup hosted by Trinidad and Tobago, three of our girls namely Victoria Swift, Keri Myers and Shalette Alexander were selected.
- Many of our boys and girls (National Players) received Sports Scholarship to study in Universities in the USA.
- In 2009, the Institute U10 team won the Nations Cup in Orlando, Florida under Coach Narvin Sookdeo.
- In 2011, the Institute received the inaugural Ministry of Sports Award for the Best Community Programme
- The Institute has a name sake relationship with Waterloo Minor Soccer Club in Ontario, Canada since 2004 and has been hosted by the Club in Canada five times over that period
- In 2014, our U10 team played in the Barcelona Summer Cup, Barcelona, Spain and at present three (3) players namely Jaheim Marshall, Josiah Wilson and Jeron Pascall are National Under 14 players having played in the recent CFU Challenge in Curacao.
- In 2016, our 19 team played in the MIC International Tournament in Barcelona, Spain. Two of these players were selected to the National U20 Beach football team.